Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm Back... With a Mission!

It's been a long time! But I'm back, and determined to be better than ever!

I am a list-maker, box-checker, ultra-linear person. So any major undertaking that I, well, undertake, I need a set of specific steps in order to keep myself in line.

I found a great photo on Pinterest the other day, and it screamed "LIST! LIST! LIST!" to me. I want to share it with you (for a larger version, click here):

The Skinny Rules, by Bob Harper
 ($26, Barnes &Noble)

I have made a decision (and I'm forcing it on my family (hubby, in particular) because it's my job to keep us all healthy, and we're both now officially over 50): we are going to get fit and trim over the next 6 months. And I have a plan. Here's the reveal....

The Skinny Rules, $26 at B&N

20 Weeks to a Fitter Me!

For the next twenty weeks, I will be blogging about the twenty "Skinny Rules" above, using expert advice and my own family's efforts to incorporate these rules into our lifestyle. Some of us have a longer way to go to accomplish these than others. But my hope is that, by sharing our journey with you all, we can encourage one another, one tiny, healthy step at a time.

So, for the next twenty weeks, beginning this Sunday (August 12, 2012), tune in for an installment of "20 Weeks to a Fitter Me!"

Click on the image to the left for information on ordering your own copy of The Skinny Rules from Barnes & Noble.

The schedule:


August 12:      Goal #1  -- Drink more water
August 19:      Goal #2  -- Cut down on high-calorie beverages
August 26:      Goal #3  -- Eat protein at every meal
September 2:   Goal #4  -- Switch to good carbs
September 9:   Goal #5  -- Increase fiber intake
September 16: Goal #6  -- Eat apples and berries daily
September 23: Goal #7  -- Cut out carbs after lunch
September 30: Goal #8  -- Read food labels
October 7:       Goal #9  -- Eat proper portion sizes
October 14:     Goal #10 -- Cut out all sweeteners
October 21:     Goal #11 -- Ditch white potatoes
October 28:     Goal #12 -- Eat one meatless meal per week
November 4:   Goal #13 -- No more fast and fried foods!
November 11: Goal #14 --  Eat a healthy breakfast
November 18: Goal #15 -- Cook and eat at least 10 meals at home 
November 25: Goal #16 -- Cut out high-salt foods
December 2:    Goal #17 -- Eat more vegetables
December 9:    Goal #18 -- No evening snacks!
December 16:  Goal #19 -- Get proper sleep
December 23:  Goal #20 -- Plan one splurge meal per week

Note: (8/25/2012) -- Due to unforeseen circumstances, we got started on this plan a couple of weeks late. Otherwise, all systems are go!

That LAST one just in time for Christmas dinner !




Follow my Pinterest board, "20 Weeks to a Fitter Me!" where I'll post all blog entries and resources we use on this project!

Next week:    

Water is Your Friend...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment